Thinktum Inc. is a technology venture company with a strong commitment to innovation, leadership and a responsibility to give back to the communities in which we serve.
We want to cultivate our technological capabilities and engage with the entrepreneurial community interested in providing equitable services and improving quality of life for their fellow Canadians and humanity globally.
Our mandate is to accelerate the research and development of innovative technology solutions through partnerships and angel investment that advance the position of our group of companies, better the financial services industry, and serve the greater good of humanity. We know right?! Broad, bold and we love it. And we want to do all of this within an ecosystem that’s sustainably vibrant and entrepreneurial-spirited.
Advance Market Position
Support the Industry
fits the bill? let’s talk!
We’re always on the lookout for passionate and talented people. Whether you’re an experienced professional or co-op student, if our mandate aligns with your experience and aspirations then drop us a line!
Position: Senior Software Developer (Full Time)
Reports to: Software Development Manager
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our company, where they will work alongside a strong team of developers, mentor talented junior developers and collaborate with the business team as the company continues to grow. Be prepared to experience the whole spectrum of software development, from research and analysis to turning business requirements into well-tested software.
Seize the opportunity to be involved with a fun and great team at a company that’s growing quickly. This is a role for someone who likes to build end-to-end systems, take on whatever responsibilities are available and work hand-in-hand with the business team.
Duties will include:
• Performs research & analysis, architecting, prototyping, designing, coding, testing and deployment to deliver quality software in a timely manner
• Develops software solutions by collaborating with clients (internal & external) to understand business needs and problems
• Software development, unit testing and integration/system testing
• Provides support when building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for users
• Supports and develops software team by providing advice and coaching
• Establishing and maintaining open and appropriate communication with R&D staff and management
• Assist in enhancing existing systems and the development of products
• Help build and maintain the development and operational environment monitor systems and their operations
• Mentoring team members on best practices, architectural vision and software quality
• Additional duties as required
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 3+ years of experience building successful production software systems in a senior role
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade offs
• Ability to productive-task in a fast paced, high volume work environment
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
• Works independently within guidelines, provides guidance on complex projects while considering equipment capacity, limitations, operating time and desired results
• Experience working within a Linux, Tomcat, Apache, environment
• Prior insurance industry experience is an asset
• Employee benefits including medical, dental, life insurance for you and your dependants
• Retirement saving matching (Group RRSP)
• Corporate rate gym membership
• Referral program
• FREE parking
• Family oriented work environment
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.