We’re always on the lookout for passionate and talented people. Whether you’re an experienced professional or co op student, if our mandate aligns with your experience and aspirations then drop us a line!
We’re always on the lookout for passionate & talented people. Whether you’re an experienced professional or co-op student, if our mandate aligns with your experience & aspirations then drop us a line!
• Employee benefits including medical, dental, life insurance for you and your dependants
• Retirement saving matching (Group RRSP)
• Corporate rate gym membership
• Referral program
• Free parking
• Family-oriented work environment
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Network Security Analyst
Location: Waterloo ON Canada
We are currently looking for a Network Security Analyst to join our growing team, where they will work alongside a strong technical team and collaborate with the business team as the company continues to grow. Be prepared to experience the whole spectrum of cybersecurity, from research and analysis to turning network and cybersecurity business requirements into well-tested solutions.
Seize the opportunity to be involved with a fun and great team at a company that's growing quickly. This is a role for someone who is inquisitive by nature and likes to build end-to-end networking solutions, take on whatever responsibilities are available and work hand-in-hand with the business team.
Duties may include:
- Evaluates network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency
- Plans and executes the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures
- Establishes connections and firewalls
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor(s)
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Participates in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Analyzes software and communications protocols of computer and telecommunications products to determine the product architecture and security vulnerabilities
- Develops understanding of endpoint and network security environments
- Desire to develop troubleshooting skills around complex technical issues, develop ability to drive solutions, convey results, and develop requirements
- Deploy software applications to production, including troubleshooting complex problems and recommending/implementing improvements
- Strong understanding of Internet and networking protocols, including packet capture analysis
- Working towards Post-secondary education in networking
- Understanding of what is necessary to build and secure network systems
- Ability to define networking system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade offs
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Works independently within guidelines, provides guidance on complex projects while considering equipment capacity, limitations, operating time and desired results
- Knowledge of: VLAN configuration, VPN Gateways/Site to Site, AWS, colo/data centers, Bandwidth utilization monitoring/capacity planning
- Desire to develop a proficiency in current and emerging cyber threats and attacks, as well as security vulnerabilities
- Applying analysis and innovative thinking to solve challenging technological problems
- Strong knowledge of computer of network and host-based vulnerabilities, intrusion techniques and practices
- Some knowledge and awareness of the following:
- Penetration testing
- Security event monitoring
- Basic knowledge of networking (Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, network architecture)
- Familiarity with virtualized network environments
- Familiarity with various IT security solutions at the network and host level
Location: Waterloo ON CanadaReports to: AVP, Operations
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join this critical customer-facing role at thinktum Inc. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and delivering projects on several strategic initiatives by impacting internal tactical decision-making across all functional areas of thinktum. Key responsibilities will be helping to establish the direction, prioritization, coordination, implementation and tracking/reporting of multiple key projects delivery, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization along with our partners and customers.
The ideal candidate combines outstanding project management acumen, process development, data-driven decisions and communication skills. You will use internal and external resources to plan and create project plans to make recommendations and help drive business decisions. You will collaborate and influence a variety of other stakeholders and will have a passion for analytics and process development. You will collaborate with our Product, Technology, Operations, Marketing, and Sales teams to ensure that our customers are successful and enthusiastically using thinktum’s solutions while identifying opportunities or pain points along the way. This is a fantastic opportunity to take initiative and produce tangible results!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead and support strategic initiatives by: researching and data analysis, developing strategic recommendations and presenting conclusions
- Plan and implement business process projects and research priorities
- Develop tracking reports to understand performance across project changes, operations, new product launches and features as they relate to thinktum
- Own and lead the analytical process behind a wide range of topics within the company
- Develop, design, and execute analysis to support critical business decisions through status and project reporting
- Coordinate the definition of project scope, goals, task deliverables, and required resources
- Present reports on progress as well as roadblocks while providing solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1-3 years project management experience
- Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent preferred
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies and processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent O365, namely Excel and PowerPoint, skills
- Strong analytical skills combined with effective process development abilities
- Naturally curious with a strong determination to work around obstacles and attention to detail
- Ability to create and present to all levels of the organization including to the Executive Leadership team
- Take ownership, initiative and is self-directed with a strategic mindset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The challenge and opportunity of joining an exciting technology company
- Opportunity to work on true go-to-market as well R&D scope of work and product
- Lots of opportunity for learning and self-development
- Opportunity to be part of a team that believes “tech for good” binds us and is the legacy we’ll all leave
- Opportunity to work with top notch professionals from a wide array of backgrounds to provide you with ample amount of opportunities to learn and contribute
- Ability to contribute in all stages of, and influence product development
At thinktum, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We will also provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to all candidates with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org