We’re always on the lookout for passionate and talented people. Whether you’re an experienced professional or co op student, if our mandate aligns with your experience and aspirations then drop us a line!
We’re always on the lookout for passionate & talented people. Whether you’re an experienced professional or co-op student, if our mandate aligns with your experience & aspirations then drop us a line!
• Employee benefits including medical, dental, life insurance for you and your dependants
• Retirement saving matching (Group RRSP)
• Corporate rate gym membership
• Referral program
• Free parking
• Family-oriented work environment
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Network Security Analyst
Location: Waterloo ON Canada
We are currently looking for a Network Security Analyst to join our growing team, where they will work alongside a strong technical team and collaborate with the business team as the company continues to grow. Be prepared to experience the whole spectrum of cybersecurity, from research and analysis to turning network and cybersecurity business requirements into well-tested solutions.
Seize the opportunity to be involved with a fun and great team at a company that's growing quickly. This is a role for someone who is inquisitive by nature and likes to build end-to-end networking solutions, take on whatever responsibilities are available and work hand-in-hand with the business team.
Duties may include:
- Evaluates network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency
- Plans and executes the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures
- Establishes connections and firewalls
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor(s)
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Participates in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Analyzes software and communications protocols of computer and telecommunications products to determine the product architecture and security vulnerabilities
- Develops understanding of endpoint and network security environments
- Desire to develop troubleshooting skills around complex technical issues, develop ability to drive solutions, convey results, and develop requirements
- Deploy software applications to production, including troubleshooting complex problems and recommending/implementing improvements
- Strong understanding of Internet and networking protocols, including packet capture analysis
- Working towards Post-secondary education in networking
- Understanding of what is necessary to build and secure network systems
- Ability to define networking system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade offs
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Works independently within guidelines, provides guidance on complex projects while considering equipment capacity, limitations, operating time and desired results
- Knowledge of: VLAN configuration, VPN Gateways/Site to Site, AWS, colo/data centers, Bandwidth utilization monitoring/capacity planning
- Desire to develop a proficiency in current and emerging cyber threats and attacks, as well as security vulnerabilities
- Applying analysis and innovative thinking to solve challenging technological problems
- Strong knowledge of computer of network and host-based vulnerabilities, intrusion techniques and practices
- Some knowledge and awareness of the following:
- Penetration testing
- Security event monitoring
- Basic knowledge of networking (Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, network architecture)
- Familiarity with virtualized network environments
- Familiarity with various IT security solutions at the network and host level